It’s an incredibly painful diagnosis and is often an unexpected part of the journey to parenthood. Whether you’re a heterosexual couple, same-sex couple, or individual who wants to have a baby, the experience of infertility can be stressful, overwhelming, and easily lead to feelings of hopelessness.
Fortunately, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) provides hope. A proven, effective alternative for infertility, TCM balances physical, mental and emotional health, which makes conception more likely by:
- Regulating the menstrual cycle Improving overall circulation, nourishing the reproductive system Reducing hormonal side effects of assisted reproductive technology treatment.
- Improving sperm count and motility (movement).
- TCM can be used alone or in combination with Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) procedures, including: intrauterine insemination (IUI), in vitro fertilization (IVF), and donor transfer IVF. Research studies* show the following benefits of acupuncture when combined with ART:
- Reduces physical and emotional stress.
- Increases pregnancy and live birth rates when used with IVF Improves uterine blood flow Lowers rates of miscarriage.
In order to prepare the body for conception naturally or with ART, weekly sessions of acupuncture are recommended for three months. One month prior to IVF, acupuncture is recommended twice per week one month prior to transfer date to improve chances of conceiving. To provide you with as much emotional support as possible through this process, monthly support groups are offered at my office.
What to expect at your first visit:
• Herbal prescription
• Dietary & exercise recommendations
• Stress management techniques
• Nutritional supplements